Ash Wednesday, March 6th – Holy Thursday, April 18th
Lent begins on March 6th. The following is a listing of all of the great events happening at St. John Berchmans. Please mark your calendars to join us as often as possible to make this Lent your most prayerful one yet. We are now collecting old palms so they can be made into ashes for Ash Wednesday (March 6). Please bring your old palms to Mass and leave them in the baskets in the vestibule.
March 6th, 2019
- Masses with Ashes: 7am, 8:30am, & 7pm (Bilingual)
- Prayer Service with Ashes: 2:30pm
SJB Lenten Soup with Substance Series
Bilingual Stations of the Cross will begin at 7pm each Friday during Lent (except March 22nd which will be Taizй Prayer Around the Cross, also beginning at 7pm). On April 12th, the Junior High will enact the Living Stations.
Soup with Substance will take place in the parish hall immediately following the stations. You’ll get to enjoy yummy soup and bread as we listen to a guest speaker. CLICK HERE to volunteer for Soup with Substance!
Check out this year’s lineup . . .
- March 8: The New Evangelization: Alpha, Alpha Team at SJB
- March 15: Renew My Church: The Structural and Spiritual Implications, Libia Paez-Howard, Coordinator of Lifelong Formation for Vicariate III & James Erler, Parish Vitality Coordinator for Vicariate III
- March 22: Taizй Prayer Around the Cross 7 p.m.
- March 29: Workers’ Rights in Today’s World, Luke Sullivan, Arise Chicago
- April 5: Dying and Rising in Life: How do we live out Holy Week and the Paschal Triduum?, Bishop Robert Casey
- April 12: Living Stations by the Junior High Students & Toiletry Drive
St. Joseph’s Table
Join us for Saint Joseph’s Table on Saturday, March 23rd immediately following the 5pm Mass.
Tickets are $5 for children and $10 for adults. The food is so delicious, you’ll wish you paid more!
Lenten Service Project – Toiletry Drive
Small and sample sized toiletries will be collected at all Masses on the weekend of March 16/17 and will be sorted for distribution at the Soup with Substance on Friday, April 12th.
Lenten Reconciliation & Taizй Prayer Services
Our bilingual Lenten Reconciliation/Taizй Prayer Service will be held on Tuesday, April 9th at 7pm. Join us in this service filled with song, prayer, and mercy. Our second Taizй Prayer service without Reconciliation is scheduled for Friday, March 22nd at 7 p.m. in lieu of the Stations of the Cross.