We have a number of days left in our fiscal year. So many great things have happened – increased school and religious education enrollment and Mass attendance. People have enthusiastically immersed themselves in the life of this community. That’s great and I’m grateful. We have six weeks to balance our budget (projected $38,000 deficit) and end this year in the black. If everyone gives $100 extra on the second collections over the next several weeks we will do that. No gift is too small (or large for that matter!). Please give what you can. I will.
Rev. Wayne F. Watts
Tax Credit Scholarship Information Information
Thank you to those who participated on the Tax Credit Scholarship webinar. If you were not able to make it, we recorded the session and it’s available to view here. You may also review the PowerPoint slides by clicking here.
Big Shoulders has closed their applications. If you applied through Big Shoulders, you should have received an email response on or before Monday, February 5th.
Empower Illinois Applications
Open February 27 @ 7PM
FAMILIES OF K-12 STUDENTS CAN APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS BEGINNING TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2018 AT 7:00 P.M.
The application is a two-step process. First, reserve your place in line by completing a brief online form. This step will determine your place in line for the first-come, first-served scholarships. After reserving your place in line, families will be emailed a unique link and use their reservation code to complete the full application.
- Go to EmpowerIllinois beginning Tuesday, February 27 at 7:00 P.M. to start your application.
- Complete the form with your name and contact information to timestamp your application.
Note: This step will determine your place in line for the first-come, first-served scholarships
- Also submit your home address, the names of your children, their dates of birth, and your preferred school.
Note: Only one reservation and application are allowed per family – even if you are applying for several students.
- Take note of your confirmation code after completing your reservation.
- Wait to receive an email link to your unique application where you will complete it and upload all required documents. Emails will be sent on a rolling basis and may take several weeks.
- You will have 3 days to complete your application once your link has been sent. Complete it at a time convenient for you and be sure all documents are provided.
Application Support Event
February 27 @ 6:30PM
SJB Computer Lab (2524 W. Altgeld)
SJB Administrative Staff will be available to help you through the process! If you plan to attend this event, please let us know using the link below, so that we can appropriately staff and supply the event!